Since the announcement of MIUI 10 in July, the first phase of updates was started to the devices. Now, after last week announcement of Second wave of 21 device updates are started off by launching MIUI 10 ROM’s for Xiaomi Redmi 6, Mi Max and Mi Max Prime. The OTA updates have been rolling out by the device manufacturers in phases, so it could be pushed instantly or in one month or due to some errors the OTA notification might not show up at all.
It should be noted that these firmware downloads are all recovery ROMs.
Xiaomi devices have Fastboot ROMs (which can only be installed via Fastboot) and then Recovery ROMs which can be sideloaded using the MIUI Updater (from within the settings app), and they can be installed by flashing them in TWRP as well. For those who are curious about the changes that come with MIUI 10, we also have a changelog right here as well.
MIUI 10 Changelog:
- Designed for a full-screen experience
- All-new UI is tailored for full-screen devices and lets the content take the front stage.
- Natural sound system
- You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI.
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need to.
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important.
- Other improvements and optimizations
- Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too!
|Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (sakura)||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi Max Prime (helium)||Link|
|Xiaomi Mi Max (hydrogen)||Link|